Rubio’s 5th annual CoastFest is coming up on Held in Oceanside, the event has grown to become one of San Diego’s largest beach cleanups attracting 3,000 attendees and over 1,000 pounds of trash removed from the coastline in 2015. In addition to participating in a beach cleanup hosted by I Love a Clean San Diego, here are a few activities to enjoy at this year’s event on :
- Complimentary food and drinks, including sampling Rubio’s sustainable seafood tacos, handmade guacamole, freshly prepared salsa and more
- A Beer Garden with local craft selections as well as Rubio’s featured wines and Sangria
- Music festival with one of Billboard magazine’s chart-ranking artists, The Mowgli’s, and other popular local SoCal bands
- A Kids Zone filled with educational and experiential activities to teach children about the importance of protecting the ocean
- Free onsite surf and stand-up paddle boarding lessons and much more
Rubio’s CoastFest has continued to grow year after year, with a record turnout of nearly 3,000 attendees and over 1,000 pounds of trash removed from the coastline in 2015. This year’s event is expected to be even larger than years past and will include live performances by one of Billboard magazine’s chart-ranking artists, The Mowgli’s, as well as the popular San Diego children’s band Hullaballoo, among others.
The festivities at the Oceanside Pier will kick off at 10 a.m. with community members going the extra nautical mile at a beach cleanup hosted by I Love a Clean San Diego. To get in on the cleanup action, participants should plan to bring a bucket, gloves, sun protection and a reusable water bottle.